Please RSVP to join us on June 20th in Roseville
Planning for Resilient Cities Workshop
Co-Launching our Decade of Action for Thriving, Low-Carbon, Resilient Cities
Thursday, June 20, 2019, Roseville Skating Oval – 2661 Civic Center Drive Roseville, MN 55113
- Afternoon Workshop: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Networking Reception 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Food provided by the French Meadow Café
- Evening Workshop: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CITY STAFF, ELECTED LEADERS, COMMISSION AND COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS –
We will likely be able to offer approved CM credits for city Planners (CEUs) for this workshop.
- Hear leaders from 40 cities share priority energy/resilience goals from their draft 2040 Comp Plans.
- Meet in topic groups with your peers to share sample ordinances and identify resource gaps and solutions to greatly expand low-carbon/resilient buildings, energy, transportation/land use by 2030
- Form (or join) new multi-city teams by topic or by county to accelerate your implementation
- Understand policy impacts for cities from the 2019 legislative session and brainstorm low-carbon policies to support for LMC’s 2020 legislative agenda
- Find current and future implementation resources, sample ordinances and project support for your city from MN GreenSteps, GPI, CEE, U of MN, Met Council, counties, utilities and businesses
- Learn how 100 Chicago area cities are meeting sustainability goals together through the Greenest Region Compact Edith Makra, Director of Environmental Initiatives, Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
- Explore simple ways and make suggestions for ways your city would like to expand collaborative action with other cities through our Resilient Cities Coalition to be launched this fall
Plan to bring a team of 2 to 4 from your city.
Learn more at www.allianceforsustainability.com/resilientcities
Please RSVP for this free event at https://resilientcitiesdecadeofaction.eventbrite.com
Bring 2 to 4 people from your city to take advantage of the many discussions that will be happening!