Please RSVP to join us on June 20th in Roseville
Planning for Resilient Cities Workshop
Co-Launching our Decade of Action for Thriving, Low-Carbon, Resilient Cities
Thursday, June 20, 2019, Roseville Skating Oval – 2661 Civic Center Drive Roseville, MN 55113
- Afternoon Workshop: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Networking Reception 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Food provided by the French Meadow Café
- Evening Workshop: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CITY STAFF, ELECTED LEADERS, COMMISSION AND COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS –
We will likely be able to offer approved CM credits for city Planners (CEUs) for this workshop.
- Hear leaders from 40 cities share priority energy/resilience goals from their draft 2040 Comp Plans.
- Meet in topic groups with your peers to share sample ordinances and identify resource gaps and solutions to greatly expand low-carbon/resilient buildings, energy, transportation/land use by 2030
- Form (or join) new multi-city teams by topic or by county to accelerate your implementation
- Understand policy impacts for cities from the 2019 legislative session and brainstorm low-carbon policies to support for LMC’s 2020 legislative agenda
- Find current and future implementation resources, sample ordinances and project support for your city from MN GreenSteps, GPI, CEE, U of MN, Met Council, counties, utilities and businesses
- Learn how 100 Chicago area cities are meeting sustainability goals together through the Greenest Region Compact Edith Makra, Director of Environmental Initiatives, Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
- Explore simple ways and make suggestions for ways your city would like to expand collaborative action with other cities through our Resilient Cities Coalition to be launched this fall
Plan to bring a team of 2 to 4 from your city.
Learn more at www.allianceforsustainability.com/resilientcities
Please RSVP for this free event at https://resilientcitiesdecadeofaction.eventbrite.com
And the Alliance for Sustainability www.allianceforsustainability.com/ne-communities-resilience-meet/
With each of our city commissions doing so much great work this summer helping your cities include resilience goals and strategies (energy, water, active living, etc.) in your city’s comp plan updates, the volunteers from Citizens for Sustainability are inviting everyone to meet up to share your progress and next steps
Energy Planning Templates are now available for Cities
Minnesota’s Local Government Project for Energy Planning (LoGoPEP) builds upon existing efforts to engage local governments in committing actionable strategies for energy and greenhouse gas emissions. LoGoPEP has developed draft Energy Planning Guide Book and a draft Energy Planning Workbook that, when completed, will be available to all Minnesota cities wishing to include energy in their planning documents. Download them at http://allianceforsustainability.com/oct24presentations/
Oct 24 2016 Planning for Resilient Cities Workshop. Participant Insights on Catalyzing action on Energy, Adaptation, Health/Equity, Transportation
Thanks for considering making a gift supporting the Alliance for Sustainability today for our work with citizen and youth leaders, city staff and local elected leaders in 40 metro cities to support them to envision and work together to build equitable, resilient, healthy and thriving communities powered by renewable energy. Your contribution will be doubled through a generous matching grant!
Now more than ever, it is vital for cities and businesses to lead the way to an equitable and prosperous future powered by renewable energy. The world is counting on us. Will you help us do it?
Thanks for reading!
Alliance for Sustainability Executive Director
Alliance for Sustainability,
In the GreenWay Building,
2801 21st Ave S. Suite 100,
Minneapolis, MN 55407
www.allianceforsustainability.com Facebook Twitter
Linking citizens, congregations and cities for sustainable communities!