Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition
In 2020, the Alliance for Sustainability will launch the Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition (RCCC) to support elected leaders, city staff, and citizen volunteers from 50+ MN cities as they work to meet their community-wide energy, climate, and resiliency goals. Member cities will learn together, share best practices, and become successful, inspiring models for other cities throughout Minnesota and the United States. The RCCC will be a non-partisan group focusing on collaborative, win-win-win solutions addressing issues of health, equity, sustainability, and resiliency.
Find out how you and your city can make a difference through more impactful collaboration, innovative programs, community engagement, and policy advocacy. Contact Sean Gosiewski, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our RCCC Vision, Mission, Goals
- January 22 – Environmental Commissions Gathering for Hennepin County Cities
- January 28 – Environmental Commissions Gathering for Ramsey County Cities
- Energy Supply and Renewables
- High Performance Buildings
- Transportation/Land Use
- Resilience & Climate Adaptation
- EQB Environmental Congress Dec 3 in Mankato – please RSVP
- MN Clean Cars Rule Making – comment form and public meeting schedule
- Xcel Energy Integrated Resource Plan Update
- Local officials supporting federal wind & solar tax extension
- Reducing Plastic Bags/ Bring Your Own Bag Rules Minneapolis and Duluth
- Emerald Ash Borer Response – additional funding needed for cities
- MN Climate Related Executive Orders – Ask Gov Walz to ask EQB and state agencies to update our MN Climate Action Plan and launch actions to meet 2030 targets for buildings, energy supply, transportation, agriculture, forestry, resilience
Event ARCHIVES & Resources
Questions? please contact: Sean Gosiewski, Executive Director, Alliance for Sustainability, 612-250-0389 Sean@afors.org
- June 20 Resilient Cities Workshop RSVP to join us in Roseville
- Partnering with Youth for Climate Action
- Wed 6/20 East Phillips Indoor Urban Farm Strategy Meeting
- Environmental Issues in the Mpls 2040 Comp Plan Wed June 6 5pm
- Presentations now available Nov 9 Resilient Cities Workshop
- ne communities resilience meet
- Fall 2017 Planning for Resilient Cities Workshops – join us!
- NE Communities Volunteer Meet Up on City Energy & Resilience Plans
- Join us in June! Resilient Cities Workshops!