Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition
In 2020, the Alliance for Sustainability will launch the Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition (RCCC) to support elected leaders, city staff, and citizen volunteers from 50+ MN cities as they work to meet their community-wide energy, climate, and resiliency goals. Member cities will learn together, share best practices, and become successful, inspiring models for other cities throughout Minnesota and the United States. The RCCC will be a non-partisan group focusing on collaborative, win-win-win solutions addressing issues of health, equity, sustainability, and resiliency.
Find out how you and your city can make a difference through more impactful collaboration, innovative programs, community engagement, and policy advocacy. Contact Sean Gosiewski, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our RCCC Vision, Mission, Goals
Wed January 22, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at St. Louis Park City Hall (Council Chambers) 5005 Minnetonka Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416 FREE Event Please RSVP https://jan22environmentalcommissionshennepinco.eventbrite.com
Environmental Commissions Gathering for Ramsey County Cities TBA
Appreciation Event with Alliance Members, Volunteers, and Donors.
Thur, Dec 12, 5 pm to 8 pm @ Gandhi Mahal’s Community Room, 3009 27th Ave S, Mpls, MN 55406 Please RSVP thanks!
TUE, JAN 14, 2020 AT 6:30 PM Luxton Park, 112 Williams Ave SE Mpls, MN 55414
Join us for the Winter 2020 Neighborhood Green Teams. Come to connect, share resources and get updates from the city on programs and policy. Email email@example.com with any agenda or discussion items. Please RSVP on Facebook
- Energy Supply and Renewables
- High Performance Buildings
- Transportation/Land Use
- Resilience & Climate Adaptation
- EQB Environmental Congress Dec 3 in Mankato – please RSVP
- MN Clean Cars Rule Making – comment form and public meeting schedule
- Xcel Energy Integrated Resource Plan Update
- Local officials supporting federal wind & solar tax extension
- Reducing Plastic Bags/ Bring Your Own Bag Rules Minneapolis and Duluth
- Emerald Ash Borer Response – additional funding needed for cities
- MN Climate Related Executive Orders – Ask Gov Walz to ask EQB and state agencies to update our MN Climate Action Plan and launch actions to meet 2030 targets for buildings, energy supply, transportation, agriculture, forestry, resilience
Event ARCHIVES & Resources
Questions? please contact: Sean Gosiewski, Executive Director, Alliance for Sustainability, 612-250-0389 Sean@afors.org
- Xcel Energy’s rate increases
- Mpls Green Teams Action Alert Dec 4 6pm Budget Hearing
- Community Power on Xcel’s Integrated Resource Plan
- What does it actually take to be carbon neutral?
- NTY U.N. Climate Bleak’ U.N. Report Finds World Heading to Climate Catastrophes
- New 2020 Guide for Successful City Green Teams Now Available
- Jan 14 Mpls Green Teams
- Jan 22 Hennepin Co. Environmental Commissions Gathering
- Partnering with Youth for Climate Action
- Volunteer Meet Ups – Support your city to lead on energy