Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition – West Metro Cluster with cities in Hennepin, Carver and Scott Counties www.afors.org/resilientcities/westmetro
- April 4 2020 Climate Action Planning – Video Link – Environmental Commissions Webinar
- Notes and Next Steps – Jan 22 West Metro Cities Climate Action Conversation in St. Louis Park with 60 leaders from 12 west metro cities Jan22NotesWestMetroCitiesClimateConversation
- Notes and Next Steps – March 18 zoom meeting on Hennepin County’s Resilience Plan with leaders from 6 cities with 3 Hennepin County Commissioners efforts March 18 Notes&NextSteps Env Commissions Mtg with Hennepin Co Commissioners
West Metro Cities Climate Action Conversation with Environmental Commissions Volunteers
- Wed Jan 22, 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the St. Louis Park City Hall
- Co-Hosted by the St. Louis Park Environment and Sustainability Commission and Alliance for Sustainability/ Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition (RCCC)
- 60 west metro citizen leaders and/or city staff from 14 cities joined us for lively conversations from Bloomington, Champlin, Chanhassen, Chaska, Edina, Eden Prairie, Golden Valley, Hopkins, Minnetonka, Minneapolis, Plymouth, Richfield St. Anthony Village, St. Louis Park and Wayzata.
AGENDA & Introduction to the RCCC Jan22ProgramWestMetroCities
Updates from Cities on 2020 Environmental Commission work plans (to be posted)
7:00 p.m. Small Group Conversations to review high impact actions our cities can take to achieve our GHG reduction goals, and brainstorm ways our cities can work together.
- Clean Energy Supply – Erin Niehoff & Stacy Miller – Mpls, Dan Katzenberger – Eden Prairie, Nicole Ciulla, St. Louis Park Handouts Energy. Final Group Packet
- Efficient Buildings – Tim Sandry – Bloomington, Leah Hiniker – Hennepin County, John Dunlop, Minneapolis/MREA Handouts Buildings. Final Group Packet
- Transportation – Jennifer Munt Mtka, Brian Ross GPI, Jeff Meek MnDOT Handouts Transportation. Final Group Packet
Next Steps (to be posted here)
- Notes on insights from small groups and new action teams
- Survey to hear your ideas on how to best stay in touch.
- Follow up meeting with Hennepin County Commissioners
- Helpful resources from Hennepin County, the Met Council and Nonprofits
Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition
In 2020, the Alliance for Sustainability is supporting elected leaders, city staff, and citizen volunteers from 50+ MN cities to launch the Resilient Cities and Communities Coalition (RCCC) to work together to meet their community-wide energy, climate, and resiliency goals. Member cities will learn together, share best practices, and become successful, inspiring models for other cities throughout Minnesota and the United States. The RCCC will be a non-partisan group focusing on collaborative, win-win-win solutions addressing issues of health, equity, sustainability, and resiliency.
Find out how you and your city can make a difference through more impactful collaboration, innovative programs, community engagement, and policy advocacy. Contact Sean Gosiewski, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our RCCC Vision, Mission, Goals
Tidying-up: Do Your Greenhouse Gas Emissions Spark Joy?
Wed, February 5, 2020 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM at LMC and via webinar
League of MN Cities 145 University Ave W St Paul, MN 55103 RSVP at Eventbrite
East Metro Environmental Commissions Gathering for Ramsey, Washington & Anoka County Cities
Thursday February 13, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm at Ramsey County Library – Roseville 2180 Hamline Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113
- Energy Supply and Renewables
- High Performance Buildings
- Transportation/Land Use
- Resilience & Climate Adaptation
- MN Clean Cars Rule Making – comment form and public meeting schedule
- Xcel Energy Integrated Resource Plan Update
- Local officials supporting federal wind & solar tax extension
- Reducing Plastic Bags/ Bring Your Own Bag Rules Minneapolis and Duluth
- Emerald Ash Borer Response – additional funding needed for cities
- MN Climate Related Executive Orders – Thank Governor Walz for signing executive order 19-37 establishing the Climate Change Subcabinet to launch actions to meet 2030 targets for buildings, energy supply, transportation, agriculture, forestry, resilience